Fran,
note hat most of the dopamina in Fava beans is in the pods rather than in the
beans (possibly as much as 95%).  And it appears to me that exensive cooking
destroys it.
Our local supermarket (which has a lot of Italian-descend customers)
occasionally sells Fava beans in the pods. So I tried a batch. I cut out the
black spots and chopped them in the Cuisinart as fine as I could get them -
which was not fine enough.  The skins of the beans and he stringy pod bits
were a
problem.

But the stuff does work. I ate between 1/4 and 1/2 cup and It felt the same as
my regular dose (Not sure how long the effect lasted.)

The last batch, which was cooked for several hrs, was not effective.

I'm about to plant a batch of beans and try some more.

--
Frans van Duinen
     (416) 652-8580