Thank you for your responses to my question about the purpose of the COMT
enzyme.

If the COMT enzyme is a guardian against excess production of epinephrine
(adrenaline) would a possible side-effect be lack of energy and/or increased
physical weakness?

Mama has been very gradually increasing her intake of Comtan for several
weeks and has been getting weaker and weaker.  She has been taking Comtan
and Sinemet during the day and nothing during the night.  (She doesn't need
medication at night.)  She is strongest in the early morning before
medication but gradually deteriorates as the day progresses...to the point
that she cannot stand up from a chair without help.  Of course, even though
she is strongest early in the morning she is not as strong as she was when
she was taking Sinemet alone prior to the introduction of Comtan.

From the very beginning when we gave her Comtan she has complained of
physical weakness but my father and I managed to convince her to stick with
it to obtain a long enough history with this medication.

Her Sinemet intake is less now with the Comtan but when we give her more
Sinemet to combat the physical weakness brought on by the Comtan she
experiences worse dystonias.

So, is a side-effect of Comtan use a lack of physical strength?

Teresa, Daughter of Mama (58/43/38)