----- Original Message -----
From: Marjorie L. Moorefield <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2000 4:18 PM
Subject: Non PD: Age

        Well at least now I don't feel like the Lone Ranger since
the
computer seems to be picking on everyone, however, I'm going to
show
my age and make the statement that I really do miss the good old
days
when things could be fixed with either bubble gum, a hair pin, or
a good
kick!!!

Marjorie,
Sometimes you still can.  I had a computer that would not
remember it's date and time.  I figured out that the battery clip
on the motherboard did not have enough spring tension to hold the
battery tight.

I put a dime under the battery clip to increase the tension and
never had a problem again with the date and time.

Yes --- the repair cost me 10 cents.

Paul