I have read the occasional posts of the List purpose, etc., and have no
quarrel with exchange of information regarding symptoms and treatment
options, drug side effects, etc., nor with the jokes and casual banter.
This is family and lightening our mood is always welcome.  That
said--------------

Sifting through upwards of 50 posts per day,  it seems the focus is so
heavily oriented to the mechanics of our disease (i.e., how to make our
bodies function better or what drug will elevate our mood or libido),
that I feel myself being pulled back to the unrelenting obsession with my
body that characterized my first six months of mental life after
diagnosis.  That was not a happy time.

To keep from going back there I need to interact with PWP and CG's who
want to discuss how they are coping and learning.  In other words,
feelings, spirituality, how PD is affecting us emotionally.

If someone knows of an online group where such topics are common, please
pass this information on to me, [log in to unmask]

My last "vulnerable feelings" post received one response (thank's JoAnn),
leading me to believe that my PD focus is out of step with the majority
of the group, so if any of you would like to discuss these issues
(perhaps reluctant to do so on the "big" list), as part of small list of
PWP and CG's, please post me.  I will create a group list and hopefully
we can form a small discussion group, utilizing our E Mail program's
internal list device so that everyone gets copied with shares.  If it
proves helpful to enough people I understand a list server could be
acquired at a modest cost.

I would propose that we take turns in choosing a weekly topic to exchange
views about.  This could be as simple as "Depression," or "Anger" or a
little more elaborate, such as "What are the positive things PD has
brought into your life."  An always OK topic would be "How is your NOW,"
a catch all to allow discussion of today's experience with PD, its
challenges, absurdities, teaching ability, etc.

If anyone is interested, please advise, and you are welcome to post me
privately.

Chuck Murray