Dear Fran,
A bit more information would be helpful, to best answer your question.

> Please respond to a two part question as I am experiencing difficulty and am
> reluctant to take more medication than necessary.

It's generally good to take the least possible amount of medication, I
think most everyone here will agree. Could you describe the difficulty
you are having? That could make a difference in the responses.

> 1) Would some of you please let me know if you are taking Mirapex or Requip
> and if one or the other seems to be more effective?

Both of these have proved excellent for many people; however, some
individuals do much better on one than on the other, it is really
different for everyone.

There are many people on the list who can give you information from
their personal experiences, and that should be very helpful. But it's
still good to bear in mind that your own experience will likely be quite
different from anyone else's.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: interview and assessment tools for nutrition
professionals"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease," J Nutr
Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/