Barb,
I am very concerned -- this is an exceedingly complex set of
circumstances, and it seems to me you're getting conflicting choices. I
truly believe your condition, both pre- and post-hospitalization, is too
complicated for listmembers to solve. Charlie? Bob? any thoughts here?

I strongly recommend you copy this information into a post to Dr.
Lieberman; he thinks highly of Dr. Pahwa, and may have some thoughts
there, as well as advice re the rigidity and the throat constriction
(could it be a dystonia, for instance?).

The site is:
http://www.parkinson.org/index.htm

Scroll down to " Ask Dr. Lieberman, NPF Medical Director "

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: interview and assessment tools for nutrition
professionals"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease," J Nutr
Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/