Dear Sherry,
Others can better answer your question regarding the amount of levodopa
your mother is taking. But I do have a couple of comments.

If she is using regular Sinemet, she MUST take it at least 30 minutes
before meals. If she is using Sinemet CR (controlled-release) she can
take it with meals, however, it will take much longer to "kick-in" (take
effect). You must make it very clear to the staff at the facility that
PD is a unique disease, and her medications will be useless if she does
not receive them at the proper time.

With regard to the crawly feeling, does she take calcium supplements? As
she has had a recent fracture, she is probably given hormone replacement
therapy and anti-osteoporotic medication; however, I have found that
some physicians neglect to tell patients that they also require calcium,
magnesium, and vitamins D & K for bone strength, and bone thinning
indicates that supplements are probably needed. Calcium and magnesium
are also needed in muscle movement, and a deficiency can contribute to
the kind of feelings your mother is experiencing, although "restless leg
syndrome" is not necessarily attributable to mineral deficiency.
Levodopa can sometimes relieve "restless leg" but, again, she must
receive it before meals to get the maximum effect.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: interview and assessment tools for nutrition
professionals"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease," J Nutr
Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/