> I am considering expanding my current competition dog's training to
include
> service dogs duties, knowing that by the time I need a service dog all the
> time, I will be training the replacement. I have learned alot from this
list
> and look forward to reading more.
> Fran Peck

Fran, if you could discover an assistance dog training program specific to
PD I know it would be much appreciated by our family.  We have a Bouvier
(Vaclav Havel) who has learned to assist my husband in getting up from his
chair.  (Jamie weighs 240 - so Vaclav needs all of his 105 pounds to help
him stand).   When I asked our 'Paws for a cause'  obedience trainer if
Vaclav would be a candidate for their program, she turned him down - saying
he was too frenetic.   Turns out, the 'Paws for a cause' program is more
intensive than Vaclav needs.  There are only certain instances where his
assistance is required.  Perhaps, as you become more conscious of the
symptoms of PD, you'll be able to determine what exercises PD assistance
dogs should master in an effort to help their PD owners.
----
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 60/20)