welcome, erik
you havwe come to the right place, and you have the right questions.  There
are about 1800 of us here who could answer you, but i think ou would get 1800
different answers and they would all be right! PD is known as the Designer
Disease - for each one of us has his own particular version.
NOt everyone has the same range of  symptoms - some display a distinct
tremor, in some stiffness is the predominant feature, or balance problems,, or
slowness of movement or any combinations of these features. Some of us respond
better to one medication, some of us to others, and sometimes it depends on
what our doctors prefer to work with. Sometimes the progress of the disease is
fast, sometimes slow.. in my own case, i showed the first symptoms 27 years
ago, at age 24, but wasnt finally diagnosed till i was pregnant with my wecond
child, nine years later.I was prescribed sinemet then, and i am still taking
it 18 yeaRs later. i have taken most fo the other meds at one time or another,

My typing is terrible, but it was always bad, and when i am very dyskinetic (
quite a lot of the time lately) i have problems using the mouse because i
constantly overshoot the mark. Then when i have dystonia ot bradykinesia
(stiffness or slowness of movement ( most of the rest of the time)
i have difficulties using the mouse. But i plod along because i always have
something to say
and a determination to say  it.
i stopped driving about 3 years ago, and i no longer work (officially) though
i continue to teach the piano when i can find a pupil who is  not scared off
by my dyskinesia etc! And i am just at the present moment negotiating the sale
of my three storey townhouse and purchasng a ground floor one storey
condominium - but that is not because i cant manage the stairs - i t is
because my three children are no longer at home, and
it is too big and i cant afford the upkeep - and i am moving nearer public
transport, and more convenient location for shopping etc. And, lets face it,
bearing in mind that some time in the future,  near or far, stairs will become
an insurmountable problem, or i shall probably need a wheelchair or a walker -
the new place has wide doorways and  a bathroom big enuff to do a jig in  your wheelchair!
I think what i am trying to say is that the future is coming, the only problem
is we cannot predict with what severity or how soon.  One thing you can be
certain of , however, is that you have found friends,. who will support you
every step of the way

hilary blue
(51,33,24)