To my list family,

I find myself still reflecting on my past week from June 4th-11th.  I was
one of the pwps
included in the project of building a Habitat for Humanity.  On Sunday the
4th we all met
at Mike and Mary's church to meet new pwps that I had not met and get
reaquainted with
the ones I had met at previous meetings in Joan's hometown of Chillicothe,
IL.  I had a
caregiver friend of mine from church (Loretta) drive me to Morganton.  It is
a 45 mile
drive from Statesville,  my home town. I did not get to spend as much time
with everyone
as I would have liked; but the time I did share was unforgettable.  My heart
is fuller and
my mind wiser from this experience.

I was able to be a part of raising the first wall of the house being built.
It so empowered
my spirit and humbled me as well. The recipient couple of the home Jim and
Christy,
both physically challenged and wheelchair bound so inspired me by their
devoted
attendance at the building site each day of the week.  I learned a lot about
their illnesses
and they learned about pd.  I recall at one time my body was being ravaged
with a bout of
dyskinesia that lasted for about an hour and a half. Christy reached over
and embraced
my hand.  She held it until the dyskinesia subsided.  She gave me
encouraging words
such as "hang in there", "it will be over soon".  It is amazing and
beautiful to me how our
minds and hearts connected.

Due to the separation by miles that Morganton is from Statesville I clocked
close to 700
miles on my car.  I am forever thankful the Lord enabled me to travel that
mileage safely.
On wednesday the7th we gathered together for a barbecue meal.  We had more
time of
growing and sharing.  Caz's beautiful quilt that we were all a part of was
given to Christy
and Jim.  They were were blessed speechless.  I was moved to give the couple
an afghan
that my Grandmother had started some 20 years ago.  I will send the piece I
wrote and
read to the list.  I ask that you not see me; but, see the goodness and the
wealth of
belonging that sharing and caring can bring.

On Saturday my husband rolled in on his 18-wheeler and was included in 9
holes of golf
while I visited with pwps.  We ate supper together.  Then a tearful farewell
was
exchanged.  I learned so many things and was reminded of things too.  Mike
and Mary
the hosts of this event are beautiful, giving, selfless, and devoted
brothers and sisters of
mine brought together by the challenge in life that parkinson's disease
brings.  By the
coming-together of pwps around the world we are united in a stronger bond in
which to
fight and make activley and widely aware the horribleness of this
affliction.  Last but
NEVER the Leeast.  I send my love and thanks to each caregiver involved.
Without you
these events would not be possible.

Keep up the fight...
Sassy/Sandy

Sandra Norris
"Faith is the daring of the soul to go farther than it can see."