Hi
With all of the posts that have been made to this list re: problems for PWP
in hospitals......I just want to say, that some hospitals are now responding
to PWPs and our needs.

Last week I had my gall bladder removed and an overnight hospital stay.

Surgeon and anesthesiologist were both understanding and permitted me to take
my Sinimet/Mirapex one hour prior to surgery.  The nurse in the recovery room
went to the waiting room to get Sinimet from my husband (I medicate every 2
hrs 15 min) and I was allowed to take a Sinimet as soon as I could answer a
question (which was the anesthesiologist asking the nurse how to spell
Sinimet!).....they both decided I must be alive and they knew I was moving!!!!

Nurses on the floor were very receptive to my taking my own PD drugs on my
schedule.

Surgery on Monday, and Tuesday evening I was fixing dinner (it takes a lot of
skill and energy to open a package of pork chops and put them on the grill!!!)

Rita  55/10
Lincoln, NE