I got this from the Spanish Parkinson list which might be of interest to
others; I translated it as best I can, and included the original text in
Spanish for those who can do better, but please don't go bananas!
Michel Margosis
'Carpe Diem'

"Luis C. Valenzuela" wrote:

Hello everybody, I hope you like this information: The banana is an excellent
food for PD. According to information from a Brazilian website (it is in
Portuguese)

http://www.bananapure.com.br/curiosidades.html

its pulp is a " true chemical laboratory " where valuable neurotransmitters
like dopamine and  tyrosine are produced (the first acts on motor coordination
and the second on lucidity). It is a natural source of energy, a low calorie
food, with an almost ideal carbohydrate combination, a lot of vitamin C and E,
and the complex B vitamins. And if all this were not enough,  potassium (in
large quantities in bananas)  has an important role for muscular tone,
reducing incidence of paralyzing cramps.

"Luis C. Valenzuela" ha escrito: