From: Charles E Murray <[log in to unmask]>
--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jo Ann Coen <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:43:44 EDT
Subject: Topic /bio

Chuck - you and I have correponded privately on occasion, but I guess you
want the whole world to know about me, so here goes.

I am in my 60's, and have been widowed for the second time in 1979. I was
married to a Baptist minister, who had his doctorate, and who, due to
pressures surrounding him, committed suicide.
Two years later, I married again, and after one year, my 24 year old son
was murdered by his best friend.. Than in 1979, my second husband  died
at aged 47 from heart disease.  I have two wonderful children who live
out of town, but still in Texas,.

I met my PWP+ about 14 years ago.  When we first met, he was 6'1",
weighed about 185, stood tall and straight like a soldier.  He was
articulate, had a high ranking job, and even wrote articles for
professional magazines.  I fell for him the first time I saw him.  This
isn't meant to be a love story, but I'm working up to my complete total
resentment that is killing me, day by day.

We kept up with each other by phone periodically, then one day he called
me and it didn't sound like him at all. When I asked what was the matter,
he told me he had been dx'd with PD.  We have been very close for 3 years
now.

RESENTMENT:

I resent the fact that we have to live in separate houses.  I resent that
we lost 11 years by our stupidity.   I resent that I can't be there to
comfort him when he needs it the most.  Even though we talk daily, when
he is able to talk, it isn't  always enough for me, because I want to be
there.  He doesn't want me to worry. HA! As if that helps.

He seemed to graduate from PD to PSP, according to his neruo.
To me, the symptoms are more like PD, but then a bombshell dropped on us.
 He was dx'd with CBGD, just like Audrey's husband.  His symptoms seem to
be excerbating quicker than I'd
like, and I'm helpless.  So you can see, I'm not only resentful for
not being able to help him these last 14 years,  he may not allow me to
help him through these next few years.  Not because he doesn't want to ,
but because of circumstances beyond his control.

I will continue to read everything I can from this group and from the
other listservs, because I, like Audrey from Seattle, need a lot of help
and encouragement.

Jo Ann from Houston