Hi all,

        On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 the digest contained:

> Date:    Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:47:08 GMT
> From:    Judy George <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Mermaids, ducks, nature,
>          and such ... (Some PD content near the end, well, sorta' :-) )

> any buddhists
> any dont knows
> who else do we have
> any fed ups with religion/s
> i suspect we have every colour and shape of believer there is ...

        :-)

        You're  probably right, Judy.  With close to 2,000 members ev-
     ery "color" of religion is probably represented out  there  some-
     where.   So,  I  hope I don't offend someone out there when I say
     that "I'm with you on the 'fed ups' position.  It kinda' seems to
     me  that the organized religions of the world have made a mess of
     things.  So, even though I was brought up Lutheran, I don't claim
     any particular or popular belief-system as my own.

> i need the dictionary to see whether i am a theosophist ...

        Well, let me do that for you at:

                            http://www.m-w.com/

: Main Entry: theosophy
: Function: noun
: Etymology: Medieval Latin theosophia, from Late Greek, from Greek
: the- + sophia wisdom
: Date: 1650
: 1 : teaching about God and the world based on mystical insight
: 2 often capitalized : the teachings of a modern movement originating
: in the U.S. in 1875 and following chiefly Buddhist and Brahmanic
: theories especially of pantheistic evolution and reincarnation

        The  modern Theosophical Society is a nonsectarian, nonpoliti-
     cal, and nondogmatic.  organization that has three  declared  ob-
     jects:  1)  To form a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of hu-
     manity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste, or color;
     2)  To  encourage  the comparative study of religion, philosophy,
     and science; and 3) To investigate unexplained laws of nature and
     the powers latent in humanity.
                       (http://www.theosophical.org/)

> think i know a little about pantheism ...

        Neat!   Most people give me a blank stare when I use the word.
     Again, from the dictionary:

: Main Entry: pantheism
: Function: noun
: Etymology: French panthiisme, from panthiiste pantheist, from
: English pantheist, from pan- + Greek theos god
: Date: 1732
: 1 : a doctrine that equates God with the forces and laws of the universe
: 2 : the worship of all gods of different creeds, cults, or peoples
: indifferently; also : toleration of worship of all gods (as at certain
: periods of the Roman empire)

        Seems  to  make  more  sense to me. I dunno'.  Like many, I am
     just fed up with the dogma and politics of all current  organized
     religions.

> william you know how to stress one :-))):-))) ...

        Well,  I'm  glad to see it's a smiley stress.  I need to learn
     to smile more often.

> Date:    Sun, 18 Jun 2000 10:48:07 EDT
> From:    "(Peter Smith)" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Mermaids, ducks, nature,
>          and such ... (Some PD content near the end, well, sorta' :-) )

> Does anyone remember what Edgar  Cayce
> >     said about P.D.?
> No I don't.  What did he have to say on PD? ...

        Well,  I'm  away  from  home ...  Are there any members of the
     A.R.E.  out there? ... any Cayce  "fans?"  ...  anyone  with  the
     "black book" handy? ...  so, I can't quote directly.  As the most
     famous channeler of health and healing information  of  the  last
     century,  I  was  completely  unimpressed  with his response when
     asked about PD.  He said something to the  effect  of:  the  only
     thing that will help is deep meditation.

> > Are there any Theosophists on-list? ...
> I have read a lot of stuff by Annie Besant, Leadbetter, Alice Bailey - all a
> long time ago (in the early 1960s) Even visited the headquarters in London.

        Great!   I  haven't  read  a  lot  of  Leadbetter, I have been
     through a title or two from Alice Bailey.  But, currently,  I  am
     rereading Thought Power by Ms. Besant.  I'm not quite sure why --
     I was going through my books, looking for something to read on my
     two-week  business  trip,  and it sort of jumped off the shelf at
     me. :-)

> >Pantheists?
> I have forgotten what Pantheists are all about. Is it now an organized
> religion? ...

        No,  not  really.  It is one of the belief-systems that I tend
     to lean towards these days while trying to make sense out of this
     PD  thing.  Heaven knows (or, does it? ;-) ) that organized reli-
     gion can't give me any answers about it.

> PS Enjoyed your web page on GROK. (It brought back all sorts of memories of
> "Stranger".  Robert Heinlein is one of my very favorites, and his "Time
> Enough for Love" is to me a guidebook for living.) ...

        Although I don't read much fiction any more, Heinlein is still
     remembered as one of my favorites.  "Stranger" is  one  of  maybe
     three  Heinlein titles I've read and I feel the same way about it
     as you do towards "Time Enough for Love."  I think I have a  copy
     of  that  book.  You have just prompted me to pick it up and have
     at it. :-)  Thanks!

                                   * * *

        For those of you who, like some of us,  have alternative reli-
     gious belief systems, I have a question.   Many  of  these  other
     systems posit that everything happens to us for a reason.  Usual-
     ly, the reason has to do with supposed lessons that  need  to  be
     learned.

        Has  anybody  divined the reason that they have been presented
     their PD lesson?   Does  anybody  have  any  other  "alternative"
     thoughts about our collective problem?  Just tryin' to be grokin'
     down a different "path" today.  Take care all ...

Bill--
  ...who's mother told him to be good, but she's been wrong before.
                                                      +-oOOo---oOOo------+
.. William A. Parrette ...... 7177 Heritage Drive ....+------------------+
.. [log in to unmask] .............. Westchester ............|  ||     || (42?) |
.. [log in to unmask] ......... OH 45069-4012 ..........|  ||/|_|\||  /    |
.. [log in to unmask] ..... 513/779-0780 ...........|  \\ @ @ //       |
                                                           / O \