Hi Camilla,
I tried that, and the shelf life for the 10/100's for me at least was about
2.5 hours.
As I said, I'm just not going to be taking medicines every 3 hours.
That maybe the wrong attitude, but that is the way I feel. At least when
I took Levodopa alone (Laradopa) it did last about 4 hours, but by the end
of the day I was really shot, and didn't care to eat  a 4 th. meal to tolerate
the Laradopa.
Carbadopa is the product which extends the life of the Levodopa and makes
it cross the brain-blood barrier faster.
Levodopa alone WILL cross the brain-blood barrier, it just takes about 3X's
more to do so.
At least this is what my ND told me. I got up to 750 mg. of Laradopa per day,
but some evenings I went to bed early because I was really too fatigued to
stay awake any longer.

Life is too short, I'll never accomplish what I want to in this lifetime
anyway,
but sleeping to me is a waste of time.  I only sleep when I can't keep my eyes
open anymore.  Guess I'm afraid I'll miss something!!!

just me,
Marjorie