At 08:26 PM 2000/06/19 EDT, me 'n' bonnie wrote:
>> am i the only one on this list who has been virus free since 1982?
>>  i wonder how i managed that? ... hmmm ...
>
>I can't beat that record! But I have not had a virus in all the (approx 6)
>years I've had on-line service.
>Bonnie

yowsa!!!
i'm impressed!!

i virtually ran my company "Sterling" single-handedly on computers
from 1991 to 1997 and was hyper-vigilant about keeping it 'clean'
or else the entire company records could have been affected

e.g.
i refused to allow my employees
to bring 'floppies' in from home no matter what.

anything that got installed was installed by me
from disks whose pedigree was known to me

microsoft have set themselves and their customers up for trouble
by trying to add too many "bells and whistles" to e-mail
and leaving their software and customers vulnerable
in a skeptical and cynical
not to say innovative
cyber frontier

automatically opening attachments to e-mail
is simply one of those "dumbest ideas in a decade"
that ms is infamous for

any software manufacturer following their lead
is playing the "lemmings" game
imho, of course

janet
who still believes in that ounce of prevention

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 / PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
visit my website "a new voice" at: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"