Dear Janet,
The first time I read your poem, I didn't know if I
wanted to laugh or cry.  I can feel the pain in it,
and it makes me want to cry, and give you a big hug.

Please don't think its because we don't hate PD as much as the
next person, its just that some people have more energy
than others, I for one don't have much energy anymore.
What energy I do have ,I'd rather use to laugh, than cry.
I decided a long time ago, that crying is like a rocking chair,
it gives you something to do, but it sure won't get you anywhere!

I spent the day taking my Husband to the eye doctor,
he's scheduled for a lens implant next month.  No big
deal~~~ except in this year alone he's had , aneurysm surgery,
a slight stroke,and he's a 74 year old diabetic. But right
now, he's legally blind, so he has to take a chance.
Because, after all, that is what life is all about isn't it?
Taking chances??

My office mate of 2.5 years ,is still in jail awating trial
for a  murder he committed 3 years ago, and I definitely will be called to
testify!!!
I have met his parents, and I have never met a nicer
couple in my life!!!  Can you imagine what life is for them?

So you will forgive me please if I'd rather laugh ,and act
silly, because somedays I have to laugh to keep from crying.
You have done so much for this Net and for the people who can't
do research on their own. For this we all thank you.

Go look at a sunset, or a sunrise, or green grass and imagine
what it would be like not to have eyesight.
My Mother was blind for about 4 years before she died, but I
never once heard her complain!! She said she had a lifetime
of colorful memories, and a lot of people aren't granted a long
life.  So true.

Just in case you're going to tell me this poem isn't
about you, then please print off this email and give
to the person in the poem. But Janet, librarians
have had years of training in learning to read *between*
the lines.

  "You might just as well
laugh, it isn't going to get any funnier".

just me,
Marjorie
67/12