At 09:09 AM 2000/06/21 -0700, "Robert A. Fink, M. D." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:51:36 -0500
>From: Frans van Duinen <[log in to unmask]>
>Subj: Re: No move virus - can you answer my question now please?
>
>> There is no virus in Mario's message.(See at end of message)
>> What it does have is two copies of the txt, once in QP encoding and
>> one wirh HTML formating.
>>
>> So his message is clean, albeit wice the size it needs to be
>>

>But I have read that some of the new worms can be contained in
>HTML, and that no attachments, even HTML, should be sent.
>
>True?
>

>Best,
>
>Bob

hi bob

mario's messages have been sent using the 'multi-part message' format
[the default setting in ms outlook]

i'm pretty sure that 'multi-part' messages
don't qualify as 'attachments' in the ms bible

however, in mario's first messages
the worm was embedded in the html code
and now it isn't

my e-mail advice to all
[per the standards established 30 years ago!]

no mime
no attachments
no multi-part messages
no charset ISO 8859
text only
us ascii
7 bit

e-mail still works like a charm!

janette nerdette

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 / PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
visit my website "a new voice" at: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"