Date sent:              Sun, 18 Jun 2000 19:38:59 -0600
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Kelly Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Bob Fink Re: Virus
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Howdy Bob,
> Kelly Grant here...Bob as you know this list has been infected by the
> worm virus KAK for several days now.  Just so you know my computer is
> clean...and always has been....I have had Norton 2000 since
> September/99,  and it runs daily.....earlier I did "reply" to a
> messsage posted by Marjorie Moorefield...Marjorie perhaps you should
> check your computer?!?!.... Kelly in Calgary

Kelly,

Yes, this message from you is "clean".  What was happening here was
that your messages were being replicated (I would get several copies
of the same message and then, they were difficult to delete (I had to
delete them manually).  I, too, run Norton 2000 and it detected 2 copies
of the KAK worm yesterday which appeared to be coming from either
this list or the Neurology List (to which I also belong).  I then ran
Norton on my entire system and found two more copies of KAK in my
mail directory and deleted them.  I don't know where those files came
from except that Norton apparently missed them the first time around.

In any case, I think that I am now "clean" also.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"