As both a PWP and a Physician,  I have a dual perspective.
For the non-Physician, a journey through the PDR and the
seemingly endless lists of POSSIBLE complications is both
frightening and intimidating.  As a PWP I can only state my
personal experience.  I have been on  Mirapex 1.5 mg three times a day
and the experience has been wonderful with no side effects.  It
has restored my gait problems to the point where I can start to
run again albiet it at a minimal distance and a slow shuffle.  My
sense of well being has been improved.  However, it has not
helped my visual,  dexterity, urinary or thought progression problems.
I also attribute a stabilization of the sinemet dose progression to
the Mirapex.  As a Physician I can only re-emphasize the importance
of listening to one's own Physician and reliance on their judgement
regarding medications.  Predicting in advance the  exact "cost-benefit"
relationship of any medication is for the average patient about equal to
the use of crystal balls or tea leaves.

Good Luck,

Ken Janis