Thank you Experts for your feedback (Ron I'm still trying to get to your
info!)
I didn't want to mention any names when I sent the message out originally,
but am please with your feedbacks so far.

Further clarification:

Greg/Q: if your Dad is doing so poorly I'd try another Dr.
CARI/A: It's not that he's doing poorly - I just believe that this is one of
the battles that PWP must face.  Unfortunately he doesn't have anyone
physically around him to observe him / keep the much needed daily journal /
etc.  So, I do what I can with the info I get or while visiting my parents.
We're in pretty good shape as far as taking the meds so that his "off"
periods are minimized as much as possible.  Plus, stress play so much a part
of his problems that it's difficult even when the meds are correct!

GREG/Q: The med mix he's taking sounds bizarre to me.  What good can 1/4 tab
of sinemet really do?
CARI/A: Actually, 1/4 chewed/crushed or whatever supplies a much needed boost
when needed - it has "some" worth!

GREG/C: Sinemet CR is not suppose to be broken according to manufacturer.
CARI/Q: I know, and I saw Kathryn's response as well about the scoring -
which is why we're considering that smaller script of CR -

GREG/C: I just read an article by Dr. Iacino in CA which stated the standard
gauge for sinemet is about 1- 25/100 tablet per year of PD.
CARI/A: Do you mean that he would be taking fifteen 25/100 per day?  I don't
think anyone is using that "formula" - but I know it's theory. . .
Believe me - your lay opinion is valuable to us all!

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:04:33 EDT Cari Barrett <[log in to unmask]>