David

My PWP/PSP has fluctuating blood pressure.  He walks close to walls and
furniture just in case he has a sudden drop.  He also has "trained"
himself to fall forward onto his fists on the floor and stay in that
position until it passes.  He is very stiff, especially in the mornings,
and the stiffness causes  him a great deal of pain.  Sometimes a warm
shower helps but most likely, not.  He has to swallow a lot, because of
the salivating, and sometimes chokes slightly on it, but so far, he is
able to eat and drink normally.

Since this is new to you, you appear to be experiencing a great deal of
fear, which will only exacerbate the symptoms.  He also is on the
Shy-Drager list, and has felt many times he has MSA.  He is no longer in
denial about his disease, but he fights the symptoms with every thing he
has.  He is not quite into the 3rd of the 5 stages, and can drive, do
household chores, cook, and work on his car.  He is a determined "cuss",
and I admire and respect him for that.  We don't live together, but i can
always tell  how he is feeling by the texture of his voice, the slurring
of his words, and the fact that sometimes it takes a few seconds for
something to "sink in".

When you actually discover your true diagnosis, then your senses will
start taking over and you will realize that you either have to accept
it, deny it (and be miserable),  or do everything you can to keep
yourself busy and active, physically and mentally.

Stay on the list. It's important to you and the others on the list.
Best wishes
Jo Ann from Houston