Hello,

I was fortunate enough to be able to drive the 90 miles from Bellingham to
Kirkland, Washington, this past Saturday to attend a first open house for
the Northwest Parkinson's Center, which is sited at Evergreen Medical
Center. This is going to be a terrific resource for NW PWPs, and I am
particularly happy about it because I have just recently lost my
neurologist, Pat Delaney, who has moved from Bellingham to UCSD Medical
Ctr. in San Diego. I am going to be seeing Dr. Monique Giroux at the new
center in Kirkland, and met her briefly on Saturday I was also happy to
meet Bill Bell, the NW Parkinson Foundation executive director. Bill is an
energetic, friendly guy who is doing the good work--in fact, was headed out
to Washington D.C. to lobby the next day, followed by the grueling STP
(Seattle-to-Portland) bicycle ride next weekend. He is doing this in his
role as NWPF ambassador. Bill, if you're reading this, good luck--and you
aren't even a regular biker! Literally hundreds of people toured through
the facility, which includes classrooms, physical therapy, consultation
rooms, kitchen, and other resources aimed at treating the whole person and
working with families and caregivers too. It felt like a very positive
step, and they've got a great team. The center opens July 5. And there is a
young-onset symposium July 8, if you live in the area. I'll be there.

Rick
49, dx 47