Camilla,
  This is true, although I had not put it in words before - Our toy poodle
can certainly understand Bob's commands even though I can not!  She is also
so aware
of body language. And the rare times he has to raise his voice in anger at
her - he does!

I would like to see ..."the bit on the animal channel about dogs working
with Parkinsons patients who had difficulty speaking. They were motivated
to vocalize when giving commands to dogs."

I wonder if anyone made a video of it?

Joy Graham

 Their words weren't necessarily clear to me, but