At 02:08 PM 06/22/2000 -0500, John Cottingham wrote: In Part~~~

>The AAN, the American organization for neurologists, advised me that
>P-I-E-N-O and our members are classified as a Patient Advisory Group and as
>such are not recognized by them. I presume, factually informed medical
>consumers are a threat to their membership.
>
>So be it!
>
>Post Udall bill, where are the National Organizations now? They have the
>money and we get the bill.
>
>P-I-E-N-O has the ability to stream talks over the internet. I had
>submitted requests for content recently but the silence from National
>Organizations was complete. If greed is their motive or
>inter-organizational jealously is the problem, all they have to do is tell
>us the price and together we can raise the ransom.
>
>Roche, Smith Kline Beecham, Dupont and Medtronics, etc has financed
>conferences for the national organizations. We should be able to hear those
>conferences. If any organization receives NIH funding...those results
>should be placed in the public domain without any copyrights at the time of
>publishing. That should apply to PDF, NPF and APDA.
>
>If the National Organizations will step forward and support Parkinsn, they
>will receive all the glory, but those who do not, will be noticed by their
>lack of presence.
>
>P-I-E-N-O has an unfunded budget but new international services are planned
>for this quarter.
>
>John Cottingham

John,
Wouldn't it be wonderful if a cure for PD was found next week
and we could all quit taking their stupid medication and never
have to go to a Neurologist again????

Well, we can dream can't we?
Thanks for all the work you do on the Web Page, It's beautiful!!

just me,
Marjorie 67/12