Ramsey, being you have been  taking Sinemet for so many years maybe you can
give us some history of your progression of stepped up dosages of
medication. Thanks

Hi,
I can't really remember how much sinemet I started on 16 years ago ( not 17) but the dosage has gradually increased over the years.  I'm now taking 1200-1600 mg of sinemet a day.  The dosage varies because I try not to take anymore than I have to but that changes daily depending on my sleeping, eating, and other factors of daily life. I generally take one 25/100 about every 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Occasionally, I take spells where I can go 1 1/2 hours and then again I may have to take them every hour.  I set a timer to help me remember because the time goes so quickly and if I miss a dose and go off, if takes a stronger dose and a lot longer to get back on.  I have taken as much as 2200 mg a day for several weeks at a time.  Then something, we have no idea what, changes and I can cut back again.

In addition to the sinemet I take 3- 200 mg  tasmar and 4 -100 mg symmetrel.  I have tried all the agonists and cannot tolerate them.  When taking them, even though I can cut back on the amount of sinemet the dyskinesias are unbearable.  I have also used apomorphine with limited success.  I also take 1-15 mg restoril and 1/2-25 mg clozaril to help me sleep.  They help, but I still don't sleep well.

Dwayne  55/16