     I love that "did I miss anything?" approach.

     When I was teaching high school (near Chicago), students would say
such things as, "Oh, I was suspended last week.  Did I miss anything in
your class?"  or  "I'm going to be gone all next week.   Are you going to do
anything important in class that I will miss?"

     I always told them, "Every syllable that I utter and every recitation
from
one of your classmates, every half-sheet of paper that I pass out, and every
chalk mark on the blackboard is a gem.  You absolutely need to get every
crumb of information."

     Yes, we missed you.                Pat