Thank you for your response Dwayne.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: wdramsey
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 6:56 PM
  Subject: Re: Sinemet use

  Ramsey, being you have been  taking Sinemet for so many years maybe you can
  give us some history of your progression of stepped up dosages of
  medication. Thanks
  Hi,
  I can't really remember how much sinemet I started on 16 years ago ( not 17) but the dosage has gradually increased over the years.  I'm now taking 1200-1600 mg of sinemet a day.  The dosage varies because I try not to take anymore than I have to but that changes daily depending on my sleeping, eating, and other factors of daily life. I generally take one 25/100 about every 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Occasionally, I take spells where I can go 1 1/2 hours and then again I may have to take them every hour.  I set a timer to help me remember because the time goes so quickly and if I miss a dose and go off, if takes a stronger dose and a lot longer to get back on.  I have taken as much as 2200 mg a day for several weeks at a time.  Then something, we have no idea what, changes and I can cut back again.

  In addition to the sinemet I take 3- 200 mg  tasmar and 4 -100 mg symmetrel.  I have tried all the agonists and cannot tolerate them.  When taking them, even though I can cut back on the amount of sinemet the dyskinesias are unbearable.  I have also used apomorphine with limited success.  I also take 1-15 mg restoril and 1/2-25 mg clozaril to help me sleep.  They help, but I still don't sleep well.

  Dwayne  55/16