Hello Everyone,

My name is Perry and I was diagnosed with parkinson's
6 years ago. I am one of those patients diagnosed at
an early age (was 35 at that time). Since this is my
first posting on this list server, please forgive me
if I make any mistakes (format, content, etc.)while
composing this message.

I would like to know if anyone in this group
(including pharmacists,doctor's,health care
professionals)or those in this group who can provide
any information on the drug "Mirapex"? What side
effects are associated with it. I am currently taking
this along with Sinemet for my PD.

Two weeks ago as I was leaving work I passed out and
had a car accident as a result (almost a head-on
collision with on coming traffic). Up until the
accident I had no adverse reactions while taking this
drug. The hospital test results while in ER came back
normal except that my potasium level was low. I was
advised by doctors not to drive until the cause is
determined. My nuerologist put me on "Comptan" and
depending on how I respond, "mirapex" will be phased
out.

One article (see Dr. Steven Frucht's article published
in the June, 1999 edition of Neurology by the
Parkinson's Disease Foundation)said mirapex causes
sudden loss of conciousness or "sleep attacks". Any
info would be appreciated.