At 10:06 PM 2000/06/29 -0500, ROBERT A MARTONE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Paige left us a beatiful home page that reaches out to
>everyone. Somehow we missed her her pain.
>Her butterfly is still flying on her animated home page.
>
>Here is her web site.
>http://www.theparkplace.com/

thank you bob

please allow me a small rant now

might i present a theorem of cause and effect:

IF:
1. suicide is virtually always 'caused' by cd
AND:
2. cd is totally absolutely CURABLE with treatment
AND:
3. cd is the most common of ALL 'disabilities' world wide
THEN:
4. cd is the most under-diagnosed and under-treated 'disability' world wide
AND:
5. suicide is a leading and growing cause of death among young adults
HUH?

something is sadly and tragically wrong with this 'theorem' picture

why?

because of the
toxic shame still attached
[which we as a society still attach]
to 'emotional weakness' or 'mental disorders'

we parkies, of all people,
who know first-hand and in-our-face
what havoc a little 'glitch' in our brain chemistry can cause,
are no less caught up in that toxic-shame/keep-it-hidden cycle
when it comes to the 50% of us
who deal with cd too

maybe some of us did 'miss' paige's pain,
but my guess is that she also made a great effort to hide it,
due to our mutual and societal collective brain-washing-staining

quick survey:
how did you all feel when i mentioned 'tears' earlier today
should i have 'kept it quiet'?
'not made a fuss'?
or what?

jant
on a small rant
in respectful but frustrated memory of paige bremer

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 / PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
visit my website "a new voice" at: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"