On 28 Jun 2000, at 20:33, Judy George wrote:

> could i ask
> how do muscle cramps manifest themselves
> often, on the odd occasion, seldom????????
>
> the other symptoms i understand well enough i think
> regards to you all
> judy

Hi Judy,
The muscle cramps I experience are of two different varieties.

The first is a painful cramp in my right foot (dystonia) when walking.
The toes feel like they're going to make a *fist* or turn under clawlike.
You cannot continue to walk. You have to stop and stretch this
cramp out by bending your foot the opposite way against a curb
or something similar. It can sometimes be avoided at the moment
of onset by walking backwards.  It is relieved by sinemet.

The second muscle cramp I experience is in my shoulder. This cramp
is not painful (mild ache) and is relieved by stretching and massage.
It is not the same as the rigidity I also sometimes experience although
both immobilize my shoulder. The rigidity tends to involve my right arm first
and then my shoulder and right side.  The muscle cramp involves the
shoulder only and makes it difficult and painful to do certain things
like reach up to place something on a shelf or even put on a coat.

I hope this helps ....... murray