In a message dated 6/30/00 6:28:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< One article (see Dr. Steven Frucht's article published
 in the June, 1999 edition of Neurology by the
 Parkinson's Disease Foundation)said mirapex causes
 sudden loss of conciousness or "sleep attacks". Any
 info would be appreciated. >>

I would be interested in reading this article.  Joe 92/89/xx suffers from
loss of conciousness or "sleep attacks".  Just this morning Joe was up for
breakfast, had been able to stand alone with his walker, walk approx. 20 ft,
had breadfast and then was resting in his lounge chair.  Appeared to be
getting very sleepy. I (caregiver, his daughter) was unable to get him up out
of the lounge chair for approx. 10 min.  Then We had to physically pick him
up place him in wheelchair, and again on his bed.  He slept for 45 minutes
very hard.  When he awoke he was very alert and had no idea what had happened
to him.  Joe is taking Mirapex along with Sinimet and has recently added
Comtan.

Any thoughts on this type of behavior with PD.