Hi all,
For those who were thinking that the DSSE would be really nice on their
computer, in something like Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, I thought I would
offer the way to do this. I teach a class in computer mapping and data
analysis and download/copy & paste data from weather sites, earthquake sites
etc and put the data into Excel alot. This would also work with Lotus and
others with slight modification, etc.

Go to the DSSE site and place your cursor in the upper left corner of the
table just in front of the "Y" in year. Then using your scrollbars, scroll
down and right to the lower right hand corner of the table and press your
"Shift" key and LEFT Click the mouse. This will highlight the entire table,
and you can then pull down the Edit menu and Copy or right click on the
table and "copy". Open Excel and place your cursor in the upper left cell
and "edit" paste, right click the mouse and paste or hit the paste button
(whichever one you normally use).

This works especially well if you are also using Internet Explorer. I did
find last semester that if one is using Netscape, then the copy/ paste is
best done in something like Wordpad, notepad, etc then taken into the
spreadsheet. (Part of what the justice dept is on Microsoft about, I
suspect!).

Fran Peck
Email: [log in to unmask]