Phil Tompkins wrote:
... taking my pills was getting complicated. This was when
dyskinesia was becoming bothersome and my responses (or
occasional lack thereof) to medicines began to vary from one dose
to the next and to depend on such things as what I ate and when I
ate it and how much.
> For a time I tried not taking the next dose until the previous dose wore off, to see how long a dose would last.
> Not only was all this very useful in adjusting dosage levels and times, but I learned a few things, such as:
>
> the interval from dose time to time "off" increased throughout the day, and
 > the interval from dose time to time "off" at a given time of
way was more constant than the interval from dose time to time
"on".

This illustrates what I (and many others) have said for a long
time:
For PWP at the "fluctuating" stage, a rigid timetable for Sinemet
will
not do (although it may be ok for other PD drugs) because the
onset,
severity, and duration of "wearing off" depends on so many
variables of
daily living activity. You need to maintain both a constant daily
intake
and a timely response to the unpredictable need or lack thereof.
The
objective of this is not to retard PD's relentless progression
(it won't)
but to maintain the best possible quality of life under the
circumstances.
Cheers,
Joe

--