It may be worth letting CASLLers know that the following sessions from
Inkshed 2000 are now up on the Bowen Island "Live Archive," on the
Inkshed Web site, at

http://www.stthomasu.ca/inkshed/shed2000/index.htm

Each of these represents either the basic text of a presentation, or
notes for it.  I know that there are a number of others still in the
works, but this is what's there so far, and open for discussion.  You
can either write directly to the author(s), or (better) post questions,
comments, reflections and reactions to the CASLL list, where we can all
continue the discussions begun on Bowen Island.

Roberta Lee, "Resisting Teaching: Stories of International Students in
the Writing Centre"

Bonnie Waterstone, "Desiring 'Voice': Complicity, Consumption, and
Critical Literacy"

Marcy Bauman, "What is Literacy in the Information Age?"

Diana and Doug Brent, "Technologies of Resistance / Resisting
Technology: Braille, Computers, and Literacy for the Visually Impaired"

Nancy Earle, "Beyond Getting Students Talking: The Search for Meaningful
Class Discussion"

Kathryn Alexander, "Resisting Discourses of Literacy: The Speech Genres
of the Feminist Literacy Workers' Network"

Jamie MacKinnon, "Resisting Courses, Embracing Teaching: Maintaining a
Rhetorically Sound, Process-oriented Writing Training in the Workplace"

Each is linked to the title of the presentation.

I'm particularly happy about the chance to read Robert's wonderful,
moving narrative about Joyce . . .

                                                      -- Russ