A public THANKS to Russ Hunt for all his work for Inkshed on the website.

The long, long version of my Inkshed ethnography (44 p of text) is on the web, so it contains a lot that I couldn't say in the presentation itself: mostly the data itself.  The whole middle section has a lot of quotes from interviews and some analysis of data from observing the 1999 conference and the listserv.  (soon the short 12p text of my presentation will also be available separately as something easier to read...)

---In addition, the essay ends with a proposal to form an "inkshed institute" for research and graduate study.  Perhaps this will spark some ideas of what else Inkshed can "do" besides have yearly conferences, a great website, and a listserv.  Its wonderful to see some activity going on already about Writing Centers in Canada!

Tania