REED-L:

Last evening I attended a very good performance of _Much Ado about Nothing_
put on by a local company, Shenandoah Shakespeare, based in Staunton,VA.
This company also tours nationally, including the midwestern U.S. and
Alaska.  They have just received funding to build a replica of the
Blackfriars and Globe theatres in Staunton, VA.  I believe that Andrew Gurr
is involved with the project--at least that's what I heard in discussion
with Jeff Sobel, who works with company development, that is, fund-raising.
The Blackfriars playhouse is scheduled to open in 2001 and the Globe in
2005.

The address of this company is
11 East Beverley Street
Staunton, VA 24401
Web:  www.ishakespeare.com

Its executive director is Ralph Alan Cohen.

If anyone has further information about this project, please send it to the
listserve, to alert others involved in early drama research. I was
pleasantly surprised to discover this group so close to home!

Elza C. Tiner
Professor of English
Lynchburg College
Lynchburg, VA 24501