Hi Camilla: Think you are correct re: the apples and
oranges. Was probably personalizing situation, dwelling on
the "lost" ones, patients who have given up their lives as
hopeless while there was still hope. Also thinking of my
Dad, who "raged against the dying of the light" until the
end. My Mom, however, was a different situation. Suffering
from terminal cancer, I was more than willing to see her
quietly slip away, and would have helped her if I could.
                      Carole