Date:    Tue, 4 Jul 2000 08:08:02 -0400
From:    janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: A perspective on / neurological disorders

At 02:40 PM 2000/07/04 +0200, Gil Lieberman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Dear List members,
>Since I will be soon leaving the two lists and have been with
>the pd list since 8/96 and the cg list since 10/96,I would like to
>comment on the relative utility of the two lists.
>
>The PD list is very useful for info on what is going on in pd research
>and therapy plus how people are coping plus the important activities
>of promoting pd awareness,fundraising and lobbying for research funding.
>
>For me,the CG list was of more use in these last years of Aliza's life
>since it deals more with day-to-day short-term problems.With Aliza's
>situation,the latest research results were too late to help her to our
>consternation.There were insufficient tools to help her.
>
>I pray that in the future that there will be big break throughs to
>effectively deal with this terrible disease.
>Best wishes to all.
>Gil,CG for Aliza

my dear gil

perhaps the term should be 'these terrible diseases'
sadly, for those afflicted with msa and sds like your aliza,
pd is the only neurological disorder which has a multitude of
pharmacological and surgical treatments available now

based on current research trends
pd undoubtedly will be the one leading the way to new ones;
the entire range of neurological disorders may benefit

pd and its current treatment options, along with the blessing of this list,
meant that i have enjoyed a relatively normal life for almost 16 years
since onset of symptoms

msa and sds meant that aliza had no such luxury

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
613 256 8340 / PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
visit my website "a new voice" at: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"