Hi all,
   My wife and I are stressing about a possible move, which I (the PWP) set
in motion a couple weeks ago. We've lived in our house for 12 years, and
have put a lot of energy into making it nice, and I have worked on the yard
to transform it from "easy care" to labor-intensive (but beautiful). Now,
with PD, I have much less energy, still work full time, and don't have it
in me to spend so much time on home and yard. So we looked at condos--what
a great concept! You own the inside, the association owns the outside, and
maintains it, and you have access to common amenities, which in the case of
what we're looking at includes a great pool, tennis courts, a meeting/party
building, racquetball court, weight room, sauna and jacuzzi, etc. And the
condo borders a woodland park with hiking and biking trails and other neat
stuff. Pretty cool, and appealing to our 14 year old son. The downside is
that we love our house (and yard, inspite of the work). So I could hire
someone to "do" the yard, but I'm thinking that it's time to downscale and
simplify. I feel like we must be crazy to sell our house, but it also feels
like the right time to make a lifestyle change. I would love to hear from
others who have gone through a change of home because of PD progression.
Thanks,
Rick
49 years old, dx 47