Rick wrote:
>Hi all,
>   My wife and I are stressing about a possible move, which I (the PWP) set
>in motion a couple weeks ago. We've lived in our house for 12 years, and
>have put a lot of energy into making it nice, and I have worked on the yard
>to transform it from "easy care" to labor-intensive (but beautiful). Now,
>with PD, I have much less energy, still work full time, and don't have it
>in me to spend so much time on home and yard. So we looked at condos--what
>a great concept! SNIPPED

This is something we have done twice......from a 4 bedroom tri-level house
to a 2 bedroom condo apt. to our present 3-bedroom "cottage" in a brand new
retirement community---all in the same university town, though.
The move to the condo was shortly before Peter dxd himself with PD, but he
felt the yard , snow removal, gutters to clean, etc. were too much for him,
and didn't want me doing them!   :-)   The services in the condo
(specifically for older people, no pool and clubhouse)  were great and
timely---but after 10 years his PD had progressed, and there was no room
for arranging home care if needed.  Thus, the cottage, with an extra room
and the future availability of all levels of care.

Each person and each place is different, of course.  Here we can have
flowers, but  the grass is mowed for us!    The post asking what questions
you should ask yourself was helpful---what YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WANT IS THE
KEY TO BEING HAPPY WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE.   So, make a pro and con list,
whatever works for you..........In your case, since you need energy for
work and family, it may make real sense to save it in other ways.   Set
priorities and then don't look back!

My Grandma loved a verse in a little book called "The Cheerful Cherub"
which went like this:

        "Whenever a problem comes up in my life,
        I decide it--then promptly forget it.
        It isn't so much the decision that counts
        as the willpower not to regret it ! "

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for