Hello Perry:

A new warning has been attached to Mirapex, and to the dopamine agonists:

"""Patients receiving this medicine have reported falling asleep while
engaged in daily living activities, including the operation of motor
vehicles. Some patients have further reported that they were fully alert
just prior to falling asleep and had no warning signs such as excessive
drowsiness."""

This has been severe enough that a formal warning about driving and taking
Mirapex or Ropinorole has been necessary in Canada.  In the US, just a
revised package insert has been deemed enough while the problem is "further
investigated."

Some suggest that "any antiparkinsonian drug" can cause the problem;  others
suggest that only pramipexole and ropinorole;  others suggest that
pramipexole is the main culprit.  Others emphasize that it is an extremely
rare occurrence, and only a handful of reported cases exist.

You are probably the best judge of what has happened to you.

How long have you been taking the Mirapex?  I would carefully discuss this
with your neurologist.

Jorge Romero