On 30 Jun 2000, at 15:27, Perry W wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> My name is Perry and I was diagnosed with parkinson's
> 6 years ago. I am one of those patients diagnosed at
> an early age (was 35 at that time). Since this is my
> first posting on this list server, please forgive me
> if I make any mistakes (format, content, etc.)while
> composing this message.
>
> I would like to know if anyone in this group
> (including pharmacists,doctor's,health care
> professionals)or those in this group who can provide
> any information on the drug "Mirapex"? What side
> effects are associated with it. I am currently taking
> this along with Sinemet for my PD.
>
> Two weeks ago as I was leaving work I passed out and
> had a car accident as a result (almost a head-on
> collision with on coming traffic). Up until the
> accident I had no adverse reactions while taking this
> drug. The hospital test results while in ER came back
> normal except that my potasium level was low. I was
> advised by doctors not to drive until the cause is
> determined. My nuerologist put me on "Comptan" and
> depending on how I respond, "mirapex" will be phased
> out.
>
> One article (see Dr. Steven Frucht's article published
> in the June, 1999 edition of Neurology by the
> Parkinson's Disease Foundation)said mirapex causes
> sudden loss of conciousness or "sleep attacks". Any
> info would be appreciated.

Hi Perry,
There is good reliable information, concerning hundreds of
prescription drugs, available online at medline plus....
http://medlineplus.gov/

Medline Plus - About Your Medications
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/aboutyourmedicines.html

Mirapex / Pramipexole
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/pramipexolesystemic203739.html

Questions All Patients Should Ask Their Pharmacist About Their Medications
http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/health/askpharmacist/ask-pharmacist.htm

Best regards .... murray