Dear Greg;

I just happen to have the answer for you, according to a new report by a United Nations agency, the United States has the highest level of poverty among the 18 richest countries in the world.

The report measured poverty based on such considerations as income, illiteracy, life expectancy and the proportion of a population that suffers long-term unemployment.

Sweden and the Netherlands had the lowest poverty levels among the 18 advanced nations examined, while the U.S. finished just below Ireland and United Kingdom.

The U.N. researchers found that that more than 17 percent of people in the U.S. are poor, and more than 20 percent of America's adults are functionally illiterate.

Worldwide, at least 1.2 billion people are trying to make it on less than $1 per day.

Measured by life expectancy at birth, education, and purchasing power parity per capita income -- Canada, Norway and the United States lead the rest of the world.

Your comment about Canadian money is total biased and hasn't any reasoning behind it.  I rather like it myself, but then I also like American money, it has more value at this particular time.

I bet they didn't poll Quebec residents either, but then of course you only hear the francophone side.   You must realize, a large number of Quebec residents are anglophone and native Indian.

What's hockey got to do with the price of tea in china??????

Marie

M. Marie McNeely
65/62/60