One of our PWP's locally is just reviving  from a
suicide attempt.  It sure is heartening to see the
powerful and compassionate words you  have
chosen to live by.  THANKS , Mary Ann -I will
try to share your words with the PWP.

Ivan Suzman
50/39/36

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000 21:19:38 -0400 Mary Ann Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> While it is true that everyone has a choice in regard to their  death
> think that it is important to remember that what we do as social
> animals is
> never done in isolation.  The parent who chooses suicide gives
> permission to
> the child to make that same choice.  I have been a witness to such a
> phenomena within my own family.  And....while the parent might
> suffer from a
> terrible affliction which might justify suicide (in some minds), the
> child's
> disorder might be a temporary discomfort (psychological or physical)
> that
> precipitates the act.
>
> Life is not supposed to be easy and joyful all of the time.  All of
> us
> require the constant support and love that makes living each day
> possible.
> Those who fight to survive give the rest of us the courage to do the
> same.
> My husband is a living example of grace under fire - his children
> and I
> honor and admire his 'sacrifice of living' that he shares with us.
> Today,
> as we laughed at the dinner table at another one of his unique
> observations,
> I was thankful for his 'lust for life' and pray that he will remain
> in our
> midst, regardless of PD and its misery, for many years to come. And,
> I plan
> to fight for his independence and right to live until I no longer
> have
> breath in my body.
> -------
> God bless
> Mary Ann (CG Jamie 60/20)

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)