  A science question  about "TIPPING" sideways in PD:

(no, I do  NOT mean while "tipsy" in a Police Department!!)

    Does anyone know if  striatal dopaminergic  nerve cells
that specifically control BALANCE have been identified?

I have a friend who complains of  having balance problems
as many as 12 times a day.  She "tips" to the side ,
suddenly. She has no tremor , and is not diagnosed with
any movement disorder, including PD.

I've noticed this "tipping" happens to me when my medicines
are wearing off, especially if I "push it" too hard to finish
something I'm doing,  instead of  sitting down, relaxing,
and taking my next dose of medicines on time.

Is this sideways "tipping" at end-of-dose familiar to anyone?

P.S.  Does a drunk's sideways tipping come from
the same origin as a PWP's ??

Ivan 50/39/36

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:18:11 -0400 janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Research letters
>
> Volume 356, Number 9223  1 July 2000
>
> New dopaminergic neurons in Parkinson's disease striatum
>
> Lancet 2000; 356: 44 - 45

> janet paterson
> 53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
> 613 256 8340 / PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada
> visit my website "a new voice" at:
> "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        44 BBBRRR  deg. F   :-)