Nancy Spires wrote:

> i'm wondering about my red face. someone told me there are 2 types of niacin
> and if one over-eats the one, there is increased flushing. what do you think?
> i suspect it is the sinemet.
> i believe i'm taking too much sinemet; feel miserable as i did when took
> eldepryl, mirapex, comtan. i'm checking into shy-drager because my BIG
> problem is  weakness, rubbery legs and i think that could be low bp/pulse.
> nancy spires

Nancy S - I took niacin for cholesterol lowering (before my PD diagnosis) and the
redness  and flushing were so extreme that I thought I was in a furnace.  This is
practically the only drug I have had severe side-effects from.  I was told at
that time that niacin could be taken in another form which would not give me the
severe flushing but that it would also not be useful in lowering cholesterol.  So
I switched to something else.

Nancy S. deGrazia  (63/7)