From: John Cottingham <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: P-I-E-N-O Announcement
Date: Thursday, June 22, 2000 2:08 PM

The P-I-E-N-O Parkinsn Maillist page has NEW added features. If you haven't
visited in a while, try it.

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/parkmail/maillist.

html

If that address wraps to two lines in your email, it won't work so try:

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com

and follow the link to the Parkinsn Online page.

Beta testers are needed on the new P-I-E-N-O Portal of the top 50
Parkinson's information sites on the planet. The P-I-E-N-O portal is the
search box on top of the Simon Coles Parkinsn Archive Search Box.

National Parkinson's Organizations have been added for national as well as
international.

If you are an international member of an organization that has a website
not listed under the National Parkinson's Organizations, click the Send
Mail to Webmaster button and send me the URL.

Simon Coles and I have collaborated to bring the Simon Coles Parkinsn
Archive Search Box to the
P-I-E-N-O Maillist page. You can conveniently look up past questions or
answers or a bunch of things.

The AAN, the American organization for neurologists, advised me that
P-I-E-N-O and our members are classified as a Patient Advisory Group and as
such are not recognized by them. I presume, factually informed medical
consumers are a threat to their membership.

So be it!

Post Udall bill, where are the National Organizations now? They have the
money and we get the bill.

P-I-E-N-O has the ability to stream talks over the internet. I had
submitted requests for content recently but the silence from National
Organizations was complete. If greed is their motive or
inter-organizational jealously is the problem, all they have to do is tell
us the price and together we can raise the ransom.

Roche, Smith Kline Beecham, Dupont and Medtronics, etc has financed
conferences for the national organizations. We should be able to hear those
conferences. If any organization receives NIH funding...those results
should be placed in the public domain without any copyrights at the time of
publishing. That should apply to PDF, NPF and APDA.

If the National Organizations will step forward and support Parkinsn, they
will receive all the glory, but those who do not, will be noticed by their
lack of presence.

P-I-E-N-O has an unfunded budget but new international services are planned
for this quarter.

John Cottingham

[log in to unmask]   Search the parkinsn archive online at:
                 http://james.parkinsons.org.uk
                Catch the Parkinsn's List Online messages at:
         http://www.parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com
             Click the navigation ads and use the new search tools
John Cottingham