Thank you Frans for putting in the effort to extract the archive data. It
seems that the volume of traffic on nadh has significantly slowed since the
mid 90s. The sample of results you came up with is annecdotaly tempting but
I suspect it wouldn't score significantly on any kind of statistical test.
So, for the moment, we will have to say that there is inclonclusive support
for the efficacy of nadh.
That brings me to the follow up questions, what of the 'large' numbers of
European patients who are supposedly being treated with nadh? And, has
Menuco Corp (who make ENADA) done any follow up trials to confirm that the
product has therapeutic benefit? I asked the question of them by email but
so far, ZILCH!
I'm not pursuing a witch hunt here (as some earlier emailers did). If this
stuff really has some benefit we should all know about it and be pressuring
our governments to make it available on prescription (which it isn't in
Australia). But if it turns out to be Snake Oil, then the sooner we all know
it and stop distributing yesterday's news, the sooner we can put valuable
time back into pursuing other remedies.
As my original enquiry didn't exactly result in a flood of replies, I
conclude that the topic is no longer news worthy and being pessimistic that
leads me to conclude that you guys in the US all know something that we
other worlders haven't found out yet. So, If there is no concrete evidence
that the product has continued to be promoted on the basis of treating PD,
it is likely that the claim is unfounded.
I'll keep a watch on the postings for a while.
Thanx