rick
i dont think it is only pd progression which initiates these moves
my dad stayed in the family home long beyond his capacity to manage it and
himself in that setting
old age, infirmity, and the need to do use one's available energy for those
passions in life which need feeding are important reasons to downsize
while it is painful and sad it needs to be done
good luck in your new place
sounds great
judy

>From: Rick Hermann <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Moving
>Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:22:22 -0700
>
>Hi all,
>    My wife and I are stressing about a possible move, which I (the PWP)
>set
>in motion a couple weeks ago. We've lived in our house for 12 years, and
>have put a lot of energy into making it nice, and I have worked on the yard
>to transform it from "easy care" to labor-intensive (but beautiful). Now,
>with PD, I have much less energy, still work full time, and don't have it
>in me to spend so much time on home and yard. So we looked at condos--what
>a great concept! You own the inside, the association owns the outside, and
>maintains it, and you have access to common amenities, which in the case of
>what we're looking at includes a great pool, tennis courts, a meeting/party
>building, racquetball court, weight room, sauna and jacuzzi, etc. And the
>condo borders a woodland park with hiking and biking trails and other neat
>stuff. Pretty cool, and appealing to our 14 year old son. The downside is
>that we love our house (and yard, inspite of the work). So I could hire
>someone to "do" the yard, but I'm thinking that it's time to downscale and
>simplify. I feel like we must be crazy to sell our house, but it also feels
>like the right time to make a lifestyle change. I would love to hear from
>others who have gone through a change of home because of PD progression.
>Thanks,
>Rick
>49 years old, dx 47

work like you don't need the money